Intuit is making changes again with respect to reporting with QBO.
You may have noticed a new enhanced experience when running some of your reports over the past few months, with the option to switch your experience back to classic view. Over the next several months, all reports will be changing to the new enhanced experience, without the option to switch back to classic view. We know that change takes time to get used to, so this process will happen in waves over the next several months, starting with these changes in your ability to personalize your reports:
- We’re removing the “Customize” button at the top of the page. In its place, we’re adding buttons such as “Group” and “Filter” so you can get the job done, faster.
- We’ve added dozens more attributes and column headers so you can group and filter your data to better fit your business needs.
- We’ve added more ways for you to customize how your data will be displayed, so you can absorb more granular information more quickly.
If you use QuickBooks Online Advanced, you will have the above benefits in your new experience, in addition to the following:
- Create a report from scratch. Choose from hundreds of column headers, pick the data you want to see, and control how you want it displayed.
- Toggle between Table View and Chart View to better visualize your data.
- Create a pivot table and choose from dozens of attributes to efficiently generate summaries right within QuickBooks Online Advanced.
What improvements to reports have you already released?
Below are some highlights that have been launched:
For all QuickBooks Online products:
- Expand All and Collapse All
- Less white space and more efficient scanning
- Improved report personalization experience upleveling visibility of customization options
For QuickBooks Online Advanced only:
- Easily convert reports to charts and pivot tables
- More capabilities to create complex, multi-line filters
What are the key dates?
We’re migrating all the reports gradually through July 2025. Every month, we’ll update a group of reports, and some reports that are not used will also be deprecated. We’ll notify you at least 30 days before reports are removed from QuickBooks.
In addition to those changes, on December 15, 2023, we will be moving the following reports to this enhanced view:
- Check Detail Report
- Open Purchase Order List by Vendor Report
- Purchases by Class Detail Report
- Purchases by Location Detail Report
- Purchases by Product/Service Detail Report
- Purchases by Vendor Detail Report
- Transaction List by Vendor Report